6th annual Rutgers University–Camden Faculty eLearning Conference is April 11, 2019
Call for Proposals is open now: submit your proposal today!
The eLearning Conference is a free one-day conference for all full- and part-time faculty at Rutgers University–Camden.
The conference is free for all Rutgers-Camden faculty and $30 for attendees from outside institutions.
Who should attend?
This conference is for you if you’re a full- or part-time instructor and you’re interested in:
- engaging students in classroom discussions and activities;
- creating interactive communities of learners online;
- trying new types of student assessments that teach as well as measure;
- sharing your experiences with online and hybrid delivery; or
- spending a full day with fellow faculty members, discussing how best to teach and inspire our students.
The Rutgers University–Camden Faculty eLearning Conference 2019 is a great opportunity for fellowship and learning. We look forward to sharing ideas with you!
Thanks for helping make our 2018 event a success!
Our 5th annual Rutgers University–Camden Faculty eLearning Conference took place on March 1, 2018.
Eighty-five percent of faculty who attended plan to incorporate new technological tools and/or pedagogical methods in their teaching, according to the post-conference survey. Survey participants indicated they plan to begin using a variety of tools in their classrooms: student polling tools, social media, Adobe Spark, OER, and VoiceThread.
Overall, our 2018 attendees had a positive learning experience at the conference. Here are some examples of comments:
- “I really liked the format. I enjoyed the short, engaging sessions that provided a wide array of topics to choose from.”
- “I thought the conference was amazing. I really enjoy when something is well organized and runs so smoothly. I think one of the best features was that each session was only 30 minutes, which enabled the presenters to have low-stress and the attendees to see a variety of sessions as opposed to seeing only 1 or 2. It was really run beautifully and breakfast and lunch were much appreciated. It was an enjoyable, professional, and academic day.”
- “This was a great conference, well organized with a lot of informative speakers and conversations. Thank you so much for hosting and organizing it.”
- “I really enjoyed the conference and took away something new from each session I attended. Great job! I’m already looking forward to next year’s conference.”
Faculty Advisory Council
Thanks to our Faculty Advisory Council at Rutgers University–Camden: Bill FitzGerald, Teaching Matters & Assessment Center and English; Dinesh Iyer, Management; Tracie Paulson, Biology; Dana Pilla, World Languages; and Wanda Williams, Nursing.
Questions or comments about the conference? Please contact email@example.com.