Thanks for helping make our 2018 event a success!
Our 5th annual Rutgers University–Camden Faculty eLearning Conference took place on March 1, 2018.
Eighty-five percent of faculty who attended plan to incorporate new technological tools and/or pedagogical methods in their teaching, according to the post-conference survey. Survey participants indicated they plan to begin using a variety of tools in their classrooms: student polling tools, social media, Adobe Spark, OER, and VoiceThread.
Overall, our 2018 attendees had a positive learning experience at the conference. Here are some examples of comments:
- “I really liked the format. I enjoyed the short, engaging sessions that provided a wide array of topics to choose from.”
- “I thought the conference was amazing. I really enjoy when something is well organized and runs so smoothly. I think one of the best features was that each session was only 30 minutes, which enabled the presenters to have low-stress and the attendees to see a variety of sessions as opposed to seeing only 1 or 2. It was really run beautifully and breakfast and lunch were much appreciated. It was an enjoyable, professional, and academic day.”
- “This was a great conference, well organized with a lot of informative speakers and conversations. Thank you so much for hosting and organizing it.”
- “I really enjoyed the conference and took away something new from each session I attended. Great job! I’m already looking forward to next year’s conference.”
Plans for the 6th annual eLearning conference are underway! Check back for updates.
Coming in spring 2019…the 6th annual Rutgers University–Camden Faculty eLearning Conference
The eLearning Conference is a free one-day conference for all full- and part-time faculty at Rutgers University–Camden. We’ve expanded our faculty invitees to include our New Jersey community college partners from the following institutions: Atlantic Cape Community College, Brookdale Community College, Camden County College, Cumberland County College, Mercer County Community College, Raritan Valley Community College, Rowan College at Burlington County, Rowan College at Gloucester County, Salem Community College
Please save the date for our spring conference: Coming soon!
Who should attend?
All full-time and part-time instructors at Rutgers University–Camden and at any of our partner institutions listed above, this conference is for you if you’re interested in:
- engaging students in classroom discussions and activities;
- creating interactive communities of learners online;
- trying new types of student assessments that teach as well as measure;
- sharing your experiences with online and hybrid delivery; or
- spending a full day with fellow faculty members, discussing how best to teach and inspire our students.
The Rutgers University–Camden Faculty eLearning Conference 2019 is a great opportunity for fellowship and learning. We look forward to sharing ideas with you!
Faculty Advisory Council
Thanks to our Faculty Advisory Council at Rutgers University–Camden: Akon Ekpo, Marketing; Bill FitzGerald, Teaching Matters & Assessment Center and English; Dinesh Iyer, Management; Tracie Paulson, Biology; and Dana Pilla, World Language.
Questions or comments about the conference? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.